Let the holiday season begin! These next couple weeks are going to be packed. Not only are there presents to buy, cookies to bake, and decorations to put up, but there are also holiday gatherings to attend and host. For those of you who are looking to play hostess this holiday season, here are some tips help you pull off a picture perfect party.
1. Plan Ahead: This is the golden rule of party planning. Be sure to get your shopping, decoration, and set-up completed a day or two ahead. That way you’re not scrambling the day of your party.
2. Mix Up the Guest List: Make sure there is a balance between couples and singles. You don’t want it to be too lopsided.
3. Ice, Ice, Ice: If there’s one thing you want to make sure you stock up on, it’s ice.
4. Appetizers: Unless you’re hosting a dinner party, appetizers are best when it comes to feeding guests. Set up a buffet table and let party-goers choose between dips and finger foods. Place bowls of marinated olives and nuts around the room for snacking.
5. Cocktails: Create a beverage station where guests can mix their own drinks. Serve strong beverages right away then switch out the drink options as the night winds down. Be sure to have non-alcoholic options as well. Fizzy clear sodas, sparkling grape juice, and ginger ale are perfect for those abstaining from alcohol. Elegant pitchers filled with water are a nice touch, too.
6. Enjoy! Don’t forget to enjoy your own party! Work the room and chat with your guests. Be sure to greet them as they come in and say good-bye when the evening is over.
What are your tips for a successful holiday party?
You Might Also Like