I need you to get excited because I’m starting something new. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Cocktail Friday!
That’s right, every Friday I’ll be bringing you refreshing cocktail recipes with appetizers to compliment. Hey, might as well get a jump on the weekend!
To start things off we have the fruity Passion Fruit Hurricane. While there are a hundred variations on this New Orleans classic, this recipe is a Taste of Home Test Kitchen favorite. I suggest pairing this cocktail with a cool mango salsa and some salty tortilla chips.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Passion Fruit Hurricane
- 2 cups passion fruit juice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Orange slices and maraschino cherries
- In a pitcher, combine the fruit juice, sugar, lime juice, rum and grenadine; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into hurricane or highball glasses filled with ice. Garnish with orange slices and cherries. Yield: 6 servings.
You Might Also Like